Dear Valued Patients,
At Laughlin Dental, the safety and well-being of our patients continues to be our primary concern. In an effort to safeguard the health of our dental patients and staff as the COVID-19 coronavirus situation continues to evolve, our dental practice is taking the following steps to ensure that Laughlin Dental remains a safe, trusted place for our patients to receive dental care.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Safety Updates
- We will continue to see patients if they are not showing symptoms such as fever, persistent coughing, or shortness of breath.
- Patient Screening:Upon arrival, we’ll be conducting forehead thermometer temperature checks on everyone prior to entering the office. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher, will be rescheduled.
- Patients Only: will be permitted into the office with the exception of our younger patients. In those cases, we’ll allow only one (1) parent or childcare provider to enter with the patient
- Modified Check-In Process: Sign up sheets have been eliminated and Check-in will be conducted verbally with a dental staff member
- After Check-In: We request that patients wait in their vehicles in order to limit the number of people in the office at any given time. You’ll receive a call or text when Dr. Laughlin is ready to see you
- Sanitizing & Disinfecting –all public spaces, including treatment rooms, restrooms, and waiting-rooms are being sanitized with Medical-Grade Disinfectant sprays after every patient is seen (per CDC guidelines), including high touch areas such as chairs, counters, and equipment.
- Protective Barriers – placed on items such as armrests, curing lights, overhead lights, computer keyboards, and suction tips.
- Sterile Instruments – dental instruments are sterilized after every patient. CDC protocols are strictly adhered to in assuring proper sterilization of dental instruments.
- Staff Screening:No staff with a temperature of 100.4 or higher, or showing symptoms such as coughing, sneezing or trouble breathing, will be permitted in the practice. In addition, any staff member that has traveled to a CDC Level 2 or 3 region will be required to self-quarantine before returning to work, although we are highly recommending team members not travel at this time.