Whitening your teeth can give your smile an instant lift. People will notice how bright and clean your teeth look. While this once was a tedious process, today you can complete a teeth whitening treatment in one office visit. Laughlin Dental offers chair-side whitening that can change your appearance overnight.
Best Teeth Whitening Method
Through Dr. Laughlin’s cosmetic dentistry, your teeth whitening procedures start with bleaching to the tooth surface. The bleach works by making the stains break into smaller segments. The effect is a brighter smile. The stains don’t completely disappear, but enough of the enamel shows through to make a significant difference.
Whitening does not work for every type of discolored tooth. Yellow teeth respond well, but brown and yellow teeth do not. Talk to us about whether this procedure will help your particular coloration problem.
6 Causes of Teeth Changing Colors
1. Tobacco: The tar and nicotine in tobacco cause visible and persistent stains. Teeth whitening works well for these types of stains. You can expect to see a marked difference after one visit.
2. Foods and Beverages: Any food or drink with significant color can leave pigment in the enamel. Whitening can make a big difference here. You will leave the office with a much brighter smile.
3. Age: Teeth tend to turn yellow with age. Also, the tooth thinner and the underlying tooth shows through. Whitening may help if stains are present, but it can’t make up for the thin enamel.
4. Injury: When you receive a blow to the mouth, your body responds by strengthening the underlying tooth. Again, whitening teeth could make some difference, but won’t stop the underlying problem.
5. Medicines: Blood pressure medicines, as well as antihistamines and antipsychotic drugs, can cause darkening of the teeth. Teeth whitening may have a limited effect.
6. Chemotherapy and Radiation: Suffer tooth discoloration from cancer treatments. Whitening will remove stains, but cannot change the appearance of the actual tooth.
Teeth Whitening Alternatives
Any of the above conditions are treatable with dental Lumineers. These are light “covers” for the front of your teeth. They look completely natural. No one can tell you are wearing them, and your smile will be instantly brighter. You can wear them up to 20 years. At Laughlin Dental we customize them to the size and shape of your teeth.
You won’t need any shots or drilling. You preserve your natural teeth while presenting a confident smile. This product provides an excellent alternative to teeth whitening. You are days away from a new smile.
Professional Teeth Whitening at Laughlin Dental Care
You don’t have to live with discolored teeth. Don’t hide your smile any longer. You have two great options that can make a big difference. You don’t need to have any long procedures that keep you in the dentist chair for hours.
Laughlin Dental is a general, cosmetic and family dentistry in Pasadena, Texas with dental solutions for you and all your loved ones. Furthermore, we love working with children and present various services for all your dental needs that come up in your household.
Some of our most popular dental services include:
- Dental implants
- Root canal therapy
- Teeth cleaning and dental X-rays
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
Our Texas dentistry invites you to an appointment request at your convenience. Therefore, we can come to an informed decision about your teeth and appearance. Also, we can answer any questions you have about costs. Call Laughlin Dental today at 281-864-0996 to perfect your oral health.